Friday, November 5, 2010

On Awakening

(A Crossroads in Time book; written by Claudia Cangilla McAdam.) Nothing is worth dying for. That's what Ronni thinks, anyway. She should know. Her dad and brother were killed a year ago. But when Ronni gets feverish and loses consciousness, she is awakened by Jesus - who will die in two days. Can she stop his death? Does she really want to?

Pros: It was pretty cool to see how most of the things fit into the bible stories really well, from Mark to Longinus. I really liked Mark, the guy Ronni has a crush on. It wasn't too cheesy for a religious book.

Cons: I had two problems with this book. First, the crucifixion scene was in fast-forward or something. Everything happened so fast! But the biggest beef I had was with the Last Supper scene. *Spoiler warning* I mean, I know Ronni is an altar girl (which I don't really approve of, btw), but the Last Supper wasn't just the institution of the Eucharist; it was the institution of the priesthood! And women cannot be priests. I know Ronni was just a server at the Last Supper... but what the heck was she doing there?!

My Rating: OK (the crucifixion)

Picture from claudiamcadam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog must be approved by me before they are published for general viewing. Please refrain from using foul language. You may disagree with me or another commenter, but overtly hostile posts will not be published. Thank you.