Thursday, June 24, 2010

Regarding The Musician's Daughter

In Susanne Dunlap's The Musician's Daughter, Theresa Schurman's father, a violinist in the Prince of Hungary's orchestra, is murdered on Christmas Eve. His valuable violin is nowhere to be found. Theresa is unsatisfied with the explanation that her father fell victim to common robbers. She sets out to find the truth - and soon finds herself meddling in matters far above her head.

Pros: Although she chooses to do some things that I would never do, Theresa is a pretty good person. I'm extremely fond of Zoltan.

Cons: The good guys sometimes resort to methods that, in my opinion, should only be used by bad guys. There is a steady stream of mild-to-moderate innuendo and slightly-more-than-innuendo through almost the entire book.

My rating: MT (moderate sexual content)

Picture from susannedunlap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog must be approved by me before they are published for general viewing. Please refrain from using foul language. You may disagree with me or another commenter, but overtly hostile posts will not be published. Thank you.