Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Regarding The Mystery of the Blue Train

In Agatha Christie's The Mystery of the Blue Train, the little Belgian detective Hercule Poirot is hard at work again. The only daughter of an American millionaire has been murdered and robbed of a fabulous ruby necklace on board the Blue Train in France. Her husband, who she was about to divorce, is immediately suspected of the crime. After all, he was on board the train at the time. He has pressing debts, and would have been cut off without a cent if his wife had lived to divorce him. But Poirot is unsatisfied and suspects there's more to this case than meets the eye.

Pros: I like any redemption story, and I believe this is a redemption story.

Cons: The beginning got on my nerves a bit, what with the wife and her boyfriend, the husband and his girlfriend, and the talk about a divorce.

My Rating: T (unfaithful spouses)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog must be approved by me before they are published for general viewing. Please refrain from using foul language. You may disagree with me or another commenter, but overtly hostile posts will not be published. Thank you.