Friday, September 10, 2010

Concerning Black As Night

Once upon a time... A young woman escapes from a pair of muggers and runs to an old church for refuge. When she wakes up in the vestibule, she is surprised to see a group of monks standing over her. Check that. She is surprised to see a group of friars standing over her. The seven friars, which range from gruff Father Francis to jolly novice Brother Leon, take the young woman under their wings. Afraid to return to her family, the young lady remains with the friars, desperately trying to puzzle out who would want her out of the way.

Pros: I absolutely love this book! The heroine and hero are my favorite couple ever! The friars are great, the story is good, the bad person is sufficiently creepy... and I love how Regina Doman works Through the Looking Glass into the story! The slapstick humor can be pretty funny, too, particularly the dogs.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like about this book.

My Rating: T (fairly intense, drugs)

Picture from fairytalenovels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog must be approved by me before they are published for general viewing. Please refrain from using foul language. You may disagree with me or another commenter, but overtly hostile posts will not be published. Thank you.