Monday, September 27, 2010

Concerning The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Dobbs (Humphrey Bogart) is dirt poor and stuck in a dusty little town in Mexico. If only he had enough money to buy transport to America, he would be happy. Then he and his pal, Curtin (Tim Holt), meet an old-timer named Howard (Walter Huston) who has had experience with gold mining. When Dobbs and Curtin get their hands on some money, they decide to go in with the old man and dabble in gold. After all, they're too tough to be driven wild by gold like other men - or are they?

Pros: I must admit, I didn't see the ending coming. I also have to admit that Humphrey Bogart did a fine piece of acting. I didn't like him in Casablanca, but he's great as a seedy tramp. The old guy is great, from his acting to his character.

Cons: Too long. Not enough action. There are some random parts in the story (which are later revealed as not so random, but that doesn't make them any less annoying when they first happen).

My Rating: AGC

Picture from impawards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog must be approved by me before they are published for general viewing. Please refrain from using foul language. You may disagree with me or another commenter, but overtly hostile posts will not be published. Thank you.