Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Concerning Silver Canyon

In Louis L'Amour's Silver Canyon, Matt Brennan rides into dusty Hattan's Point - and almost instantly falls in love. Beautiful Moira Maclaren catches his eye, and he decides he wants to marry her. Unfortunately, Matt ends up siding against Moira's father in a land dispute. As the tension (and body count) escalates, Matt must find a way to bring peace back to Hattan's Point before he ends up on the wrong end of a bullet.

Pros: There ain't nothin' like a good ol' western! In this one, I like both the hero and the heroine, which is rather rare. There was an unusual twist to the storyline that I didn't see coming at the beginning of the book, though it became clearer to me as the book went on.

Cons: A fist fight lasts waaaaay too long. Matt got overly aggresive (and bloodthirsty) at times. **Spoiler warning** The title totally gives away a key part of the story (which I picked up on anyway, long after I forgot the title of the book!)

My Rating: T (aggresive hero)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog must be approved by me before they are published for general viewing. Please refrain from using foul language. You may disagree with me or another commenter, but overtly hostile posts will not be published. Thank you.